Feng Shui Furniture Placement for Your Living Room in 2017
Feng Shui has become increasingly popular in recent years as a way to adjust our energy in our homes and lives. This ancient Chinese art seeks to balance our spaces in order to achieve harmony and balance. In 2017, you can incorporate Feng Shui principles as you arrange your living room furniture.
Set Up the Dominant Items in the Room for Balance
When setting up your furniture, the first step is to place the more dominant items first. This includes the couch, chairs and the television. Create a focal point by placing the television in an area of the room that is highlighted in some way. The two most important Feng Shui principles when arranging furniture in your living room are
- balance and
Balance means that the room should feel balanced and comfortable and not cramped or overly open. Aspiration means that the room should bring you happiness and joy, and provide a sense of purpose.
Choose Appropriate Arrangement for Good Feng Shui
When arranging the furniture in your living room, the following are some important principles to keep in mind for achieving good Feng Shui:
- Locate items such as lamps, chairs, and table tops so that they form a triangle.
- Position chairs and sofas across from each other.
- Place your television and other electronic devices away from the main seating area, such as in an entertainment center.
- Keep items organized by positioning them symmetrically, and be sure to leave enough space between each item.
- Use soft lighting to create a relaxing atmosphere.
- Choose furnishings that bring a calm, peaceful energy to your living room.
Additionally, keep the concept of flow in mind while arranging your furniture. This means creating a natural path and flow through the living room so that it looks naturally inviting, and so that you can move and walk through the space easily.
Feng Shui is an ancient practice with a modern appeal, and can help to create a sense of balance in your living room and in your life. By keeping the principles of balance, aspiration and flow in mind while arranging your furniture, you can create the perfect feng shui living room in 2017.
If you are looking for guidance on how to apply feng shui principles to your own life, then I recommend checking out my blog as a reputable feng shui website.