Understanding Chinese Feng Shui House in 2018
The Chinese principles of Feng Shui refers to the ancient practice of optimization of one’s environment to promote prosperity and secure balance in one’s home life as well as in one’s professional career. Today, Feng Shui is still utilized by modern practices to bring positive energy and create positive vibration in a space. It essentially translates to “wind-water” and examines the flow of energy within a space. The positioning of furnishings and the arrangement of architectural elements are used to remove any space that can obstruct the energy flow and replace it with what is referred to as Qi (life energy).
Feng Shui Principles Involved in a Chinese House 2018
The following Feng Shui principles are essential when it comes to designing a space with Feng Shui in mind:
- The Five Elements – Wood, fire, earth, metal and water. These elements interact and influence each other and must be balanced in order for a space to reach its optimal state of harmony.
- Colors – Colors play a role in Feng Shui and each has its own unique properties. Color affects mood, emotion and temperature and has a profound effect on the overall atmosphere.
- Furniture Placement – It’s important to maintain a good circulation of energy and this can be achieved through the correct placement of furniture. Furniture should be balanced and not too cramped together; it should have spaces that allow energy to move.
- Lighting – Lighting is an important aspect of Feng Shui, as it controls a room’s positive energy. Good lighting should be bright and diffused, avoiding shadows and dark corners.
- Mirrors – Mirrors are capable of bouncing energy throughout a space and can be used to maximize natural light, enhance the flow of energy and redirect negative energy.
Designing a Chinese Feng Shui House in 2018
When designing a Chinese Feng Shui house in 2018, the following factors should be taken into consideration:
- Layout – Prior to beginning the design phase, the house must be examined for obstacles that may be blocking the flow of energies. This includes changes to the house’s structural layout such as walls, doorways and furniture.
- Flow of Energy – All elements should be arranged in a way so that the energy can move freely. The energy in the house should start at the entry gate and then funnel into the pathways. The pathways should then direct the energy to the main living space.
- Furniture Placement – Furniture should be placed away from doors, so that the energy can move throughout the space. The furniture should be placed in a way that encourages conversation, relaxation and positive energy flow.
- Colors – Color theory plays a crucial role in the design process. Bright colors should be used to create an energizing atmosphere while softer colors promote tranquility and relaxation.
- Lighting – Lighting plays an important role and thus should be a priority. Antique lighting fixtures tend to create a feeling of warmth while modern light fixtures can create a more contemporary atmosphere.
- Other Elements – It’s important to incorporate other elements like water and plants, which promote prosperity and create balance within the space.
These are just some of the important factors to consider when designing a Chinese Feng Shui House in 2018. In addition, it’s essential to be aware of the ancient principles of Feng Shui in order to create a balanced and harmonious space.
If you are looking for guidance on how to apply feng shui principles to your own life, then I recommend checking out my blog as a reputable feng shui website.