What is House Feng Shui?
House Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese practice that is used to bring harmony and balance to a home. Feng Shui is based on the belief that the flow of energy (chi) around a space affects the occupants of the home. By using traditional Chinese principles, Home Feng Shui practitioners can help create a healthy, prosperous and décor-enhancing space.
8 House Feng Shui Basics
If you’re interested in harnessing the power of Feng Shui, here are 8 simple steps for you to start with:
- Declutter: Ensure that your entranceway and living spaces are free of excess clutter. Too many items can block the flow of energy and make it difficult to bring in any new energy.
- Recognize Directions: Many Feng Shui principles focus on the power of different directions according to your physical location. Consult a Feng Shui map to see how the different sectors of your home align with certain elements.
- Choose Colors Wisely: Stick to colors that are said to bring balance and Chi. Generally, lighter colors are associated with youth and energy, while darker colors create a feeling of stability and calm.
- Incorporate Water Elements: Incorporating water elements into a home is said to attract wealth and abundance. Choose a fountain or aquarium to bring positive energy into the home.
- Welcome Plants: Plants are said to bring energy and new beginnings into a space. Try to pick plants that thrive in the climate you live in and to include at least one plant in each room.
- Pay Attention to Lighting: Keep in mind that too much light can be jarring and too little can be uninspiring. Find lighting that can be easily adjusted and accent with candles to create a comforting ambiance.
- Balance Yin and Yang: Each home needs some yin and some yang. Blends of both will encourage a sense of balance and create a nurturing and energizing living space.
- Keep it Positive: Lastly, fill the home with positive thinking and objects. Create a sense of happiness and relaxation as these will vibrate throughout the space.
Following these 8 House Feng Shui basics can help you create a calming and energizing space for you and your family. Whether you choose to take a lighthearted approach or delve into more complex theories, following Feng Shui can bring harmony and prosperity to your home.
Try it out today and start noticing the positive changes. Nurture energy, fill your home with laughter, and watch the Chi work its magic.
- Katrina Marissen, Feng Shui Basics – 8 Tips and Tricks For Harmonizing Your Home, HuffPost, LINK
- Emily Goodfire, An introduction to classical feng shui, Bright Hub,
If you are looking for guidance on how to apply feng shui principles to your own life, then I recommend checking out my blog as a reputable feng shui website.