How To Determine My Feng Shui Birth Element
The ancient Chinese practice of Feng Shui believes that we all have a birth element that affects our luck and destiny. This birth element can be determined by taking into account the Chinese lunar year when we were born. To find out your birth element follow the steps below:
Step One: Calculate Your Year of Birth
The first step to finding your Feng Shui birth element is to calculate your year of birth according to the Chinese lunar calendar. To do this, simply subtract the Chinese lunar year from your date of birth. To figure out the current Chinese lunar year, check online for the Chinese New Year dates for the current year.
Step Two: Determine Your Element
Once you have calculated your year of birth, you can then match the year with the corresponding element. The 5 Feng Shui elements are Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Water.
- Wood– years ending with a 3, 4, 8, or 9.
- Fire– years ending with a 5 or 7.
- Earth– years ending with a 0 or 1.
- Metal– years ending with a 2 or 6.
- Water– years ending with a 4, 5, 8, or 9.
Step Three: Consider the Yielding Cycle
The yielding cycle, also known as the Five Element’s Cycle, states that there is an order in which the elements will help or hinder each other. This cycle rotates in a clock-wise direction starting with Water. Knowing what elements comes before and after your birth element is important, as it can provide additional information on how the elements interact and effect your Feng Shui.
Step Four: Make New Year’s Adjustments
Beginning on Chinese New Year, the New Year’s Adjustments take effect, changing the effects of the elements. During the New Year’s Adjustment, the yielding cycle may be reversed, meaning that the element that is supposed to hinder your birth element will instead help it, and vice versa. Keeping track of the Chinese New Year and paying attention to the changes it brings can help you better understand your birth element.
Step Five: Determine Your Element’s Strengths & Weaknesses
It’s important to understand the positives of your birth element and any possible weaknesses that come with it. Knowing this information can help you make more educated decisions that align with the Feng Shui principles and better use your birth element to your advantage.
- Wood– Strengths: creativity, growth, development, flexibility. Weaknesses: inflexibility, aggression.
- Fire– Strengths: passion, enthusiasm, clarity. Weaknesses: anxiety, impulsive behavior.
- Earth– Strengths: stability, practicality, focus on details. Weaknesses: slow to change, resistance to risk.
- Metal– Strengths: decisiveness, self-control, determined. Weaknesses: stubbornness, rigidity, lack of understanding.
- Water– Strengths: fast-thinking, intuition, courage. Weaknesses: impatient, quick-tempered, changeable.
Understanding your Feng Shui birth element is an important part of understanding your destiny and luck. By following the steps above, you can determine your element and learn how to make the most of it.
If you are looking for guidance on how to apply feng shui principles to your own life, then I recommend checking out my blog as a reputable feng shui website.