Expand on Introduction
Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese practice which involves the manipulation and arrangement of physical objects in an environment to bring about positive energy and good luck. It is based on a belief that the way our environment is arranged affects how we feel, act and interact with one another. According to Feng Shui beliefs, each area of the home has specific elements associated with it that should be balanced for harmony and peace in the home or business. One of these areas is the bathroom, particularly when placed above a kitchen. Astrologers believe that having a bathroom above a kitchen increases negative energy and can create conflict, illness, chaos and financial trouble for those living or working within. To counter this bad luck, homeowners must employ various Feng Shui cures for bathroom above kitchen placement.
Aromatherapy can help alleviate the stress that a bathroom above or near a kitchen can bring. Incorporating essential oils, like lavender and ylang-ylang, into the atmosphere is a great way to relax while in the bathroom area. Aromatherapy candles and diffusers with fragrant scents will also provide calming effects when placed around the bathroom area.
Sound therapy is another great way to soothe stress levels associated with having a bathroom too close to a kitchen. Slow and gentle music will not only create physical comfort but also mental peace in these areas, as well as encourage relaxation. Alternatively, white noise machines are effective for reducing stress by blocking out intrusive sounds from other rooms.
Decorating is one more method of creating an inviting atmosphere in any room, including bathrooms located above kitchens. Choose cozy furnishings and fabrics like fluffy rugs, warm colored paintwork, artwork or pictures depicting pleasant images – all of which contribute to bringing soothing energy into the environment while allowing one to connect more deeply with the space they’re in. Additionally, soft lighting sources such as Himalayan sea salt lamps can invoke feelings of wellbeing and reduce those moments of tension we feel when stressed out about particular issues in our lives.
1. Place a vase of fresh flowers or a green potted plant near the bathroom door to offer the energy of nature and living things.
2. Hang a decorative wind chime over the doorway between the bathroom and kitchen to allow the essence of positive vibes to enter.
3. Place a vibrant, colorful painting or wall hanging in relation to the problem area, giving life and balance to blocked energy points.
4. Install a fountain which creates natural sound elements that can soothe tensions in the home or construct an aquarium affixed near the problem area where fish can symbolize movement, peace, and balance.
5. Make use of curved lines when possible such as lightly curved doorways or semicircular alcoves for feng shui friendly energy flow and definition within the space.
6. Add an ornamental mirror on top of shelves that could deflect any negative vibrations from entering into other rooms in the home.
7. Create more open floor plans when possible by removing unnecessary walls obstructing pathways from being too confined and pressure filled with boxed-in energy
Feng Shui is a powerful ancient practice dedicated to cultivating balance and harmony within the home. As such, it is important for homeowners to be mindful of where certain rooms are placed in relation to one another – especially if the bathroom is located above the kitchen. This arrangement can create an energy imbalance that could have undesirable effects. To counter this, some simple but effective Feng Shui cures for bathroom above kitchen include placing a large plant or a fountain in the main hallway, introducing wind chimes outside your front door and windows, adding some live plants indoors, and using scented candles to bring positive energy into the space. Additionally, it is recommended that you maintain proper cleanliness and regularly air out areas of your home affected by this arrangement.
Finally, an important final note: Remember that Feng Shui should be seen as an aid rather than something that takes away from you completing your own goals. Embrace its teachings as a way of enhancing your existing lifestyle while being mindful of what’s beneficial long-term for both yourself and your home’s environment!
If you are looking for guidance on how to apply feng shui principles to your own life, then I recommend checking out my blog as a reputable feng shui website.