Feng Shui Bed Direction North: sleep soundly in the heart of qi
In Feng Shui, the direction of our bedroom is a key factor in using the energy in Chinese metaphysics for enhancing our living environment. With the direction of the bed pointing towards the North, the deep and powerful positive qi that can be accessed promotes sound sleep and good health.
Why is North the ideal direction for a bed?
The North is associated with Metal, one of the five elements in the traditional Chinese philosophy of Feng Shui. This element can bring great improvements to both personal health and fortunes.
- Metal stands for strength and power.
- It also symbolizes long-lasting good health and success.
- North is the direction of the self; and therefore, is the area where strength, stability and inner peace are cultivated.
The direction of a bed has a profound effect on our health, mental and emotional wellbeing, and spiritual growth. According to Feng Shui principles, the North position brings stability, harmony, and security to our lives. Sleeping with one’s head pointing to the North aligns us with the direction and allows us to tap into the powerful energy associated with this direction.
How to determine my bed’s North direction
- The North direction can be determined by a compass or a map of your house.
- When placing your bed in North, you should leave some free space in front of the bed so that potential life opportunities are not blocked.
What are the benefits of sleeping with the bed pointing North?
By sleeping with the head of your bed pointing to the North, you can align yourself with the energy of Metal and can experience the benefits of pure energy to influence your health, mental, and emotional wellbeing:
- Physical health is improved significantly.
- It promotes sound and peaceful sleep.
- The North brings external support, team collaboration and strong relationships.
- It is especially beneficial for those experiencing anxiety, depression and physical fatigue.
- It strengthens the body’s natural ability to heal itself – something that is especially important during times of physical or mental stress.
- It can also foster financial stability, academic success, professional success, and long-term happiness.
As indicated in Feng Shui, the North direction is the energy point where Metal energies are strongest. This makes it an ideal choice for the direction of a bed and can strongly influence one’s physical and emotional wellbeing. By aligning one’s bed to the North, the energy of Metal encourages physical health, peace, and stability in the home and in one’s life.
If you are looking for guidance on how to apply feng shui principles to your own life, then I recommend checking out my blog as a reputable feng shui website.