Incorporating Alternative Sources
Art adds an aesthetic dimension to the living space and can bring depth and interest to the room. The art pieces should be thoughtful, meaningful and have a story behind them in order to attract positive energy. Music also helps to create atmosphere and bring more life into a living area. It is best to select calming, peaceful music that will help to foster a relaxed environment for the occupants of the space. Scented candles placed strategically around the open plan living room will add warmth, texture and ambiance. The scent should be carefully chosen so that it conveys warm thoughts while providing relaxation and relief from stress. These items can also act as a reminder of happiness or place of solace as well as helping to energize the room with positivity. By incorporating these alternative sources, we can make a feng shui open plan living room truly unique!
Organizational Strategies for Maximizing Space
One organizational strategy for maximizing space in a Feng Shui open plan living room is to make use of storage pieces that can be moved around, such as ottomans, rolling cabinets, and cart units. These kinds of pieces can provide a great deal of much needed extra storage while simultaneously freeing up floor space.
Another organization strategy is to employ vertical space. Clever use of shelves and other vertical storage platforms can help turn the walls into useful spots to display artwork or store items. When dealing with narrow spaces, utilizing floating shelves and wall-mounted crates are also sensible options as they won’t take up too much floor area.
Floating furniture is a great tool to use when considering how to organize an open plan living room according to Feng Shui principles. Pieces like console tables and sofas that sit directly on the ground will take up less space than traditional furniture with legs and still allow easy movement from one area to another without disrupting the flow of the space. And instead of having bulky cabinets sticking out from walls, try opting for multipurpose pieces that serve both for display and storage, as this will save even more valuable square footage!
Feng shui experts often suggest incorporating natural elements into open plan living spaces to enhance the positive energy of the place. Plants and flowers are fantastic ways to bring the outdoors inside, while also adding a touch of personality to your living room. A vast array of flowering plants like violets, petunias or jasmines can be placed or hung in various corners and niches around the space, helping to improve its atmosphere. Freshly-cut flowers and bouquets can add a certain vibrancy to your living space and provide it with a refreshing scent that’ll fill the area with positivity. Additionally, bringing foliage such as bamboo plants and palms into the room helps add greenery that makes for a more vibrant looking environment. Additionally you can also liven up walls and bookshelves with hanging ivy plants which often thrive better indoors because of their low maintenance needs. Feng shui coordinators may also advise investing in water decoration pieces such as an aquarium or fountain so to introduce healthy “movement” in an otherwise still surrounding; these pieces help create harmony within the room (by manipulating waterflows) and thus invoke an atmosphere of peace.
Alternatives to Traditional Furniture
Futons are a great option for an open-plan living space because they take up minimal space and offer flexibility; they can be used as a sofa during the day and then easily converted into a bed if you need extra sleeping space at night. Additionally, futons come in various styles and colors, making it easy to find one that fits with your desired aesthetic.
Sofas are also popular choices for open plan living rooms; they typically allow several people to sit together, allowing for social interaction as well as leisurely lounging. Sofas also come in countless styles, materials, colors, and designs so you’re able to customise your décor to perfectly fit your taste.
Bean bags are an excellent option if you’re looking for something more informal and relaxed. They provide just enough support whilst maintaining comfort and allowing you to sink into them easily which contributes to the overall creative aesthetic of an open plan living room. Bean bags often come in fun colors or patterns like polka dots or stripes adding extra character to the overall design of the room.
Final Feng Shui Tips
1. Divide the space into multiple zones – Think about how different aspects of your life will be expressed and experienced in various areas of your living room. Set up boundaries and designate a purpose for each area to promote the flow of positive energy.
2. Ensure enough natural light is entering the living room – Natural light helps to create serenity, joy, and bring clarity to the mind.
3. Keep furntiure placement logical – Don’t group tables together too closely and make sure chairs are placed in a way that encourages conversation between people, while also allowing them easy access throughout the room.
4. Minimize clutter – Clutter can have an overwhelming effect, so try to keep it to a minimum by tidying up often and removing unneccesary items from the floor or shelves when you’re finished using them. This will help flow of energy in the living room remain smooth and calming rather than feeling chaotic or stagnant.
5. Utilize colors and artwork wisely – Incorporate colors such as reds, oranges, or yellows that symbolize energy as well as artwork such as feng shui symbols like dragons or water images that can serve as a reminder of harmony within the home’s environment.
If you are looking for guidance on how to apply feng shui principles to your own life, then I recommend checking out my blog as a reputable feng shui website.