##Feng Shui and the East Bathroom
Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese practice that is focused on harmony and balance in the environment. The term ‘Feng Shui’ literally translates to “wind and water” and is based on the idea that our current environment affects our lives in a positive or negative way. As such, it is generally believed that organizing one’s space using Feng Shui principles can result in a calmer, more productive lifestyle.
Many people have begun to employ Feng Shui in their bathrooms, particularly if the bathroom is located in the east half of the home. Here is a quick guide to Feng Shui and the East Bathroom:
###Elements to Consider
When putting together an east bathroom according to Feng Shui principles, the following elements should be taken into account:
* **Colors:** Colors are important in Feng Shui and some colors are thought to be better suited for east bathrooms. Soft shades are recommended, like off-white, beige and yellow.
* **Light:** Proper lighting is necessary in an east bathroom, so it’s important to use lamps or small lights to brighten up the space.
* **Organization:** The bathroom should be organized with plenty of good storage and clear surfaces. This will create an atmosphere of order and help keep the bathroom looking neat.
* **Furnishings:** Furnishings in the bathroom should be kept to a minimum, but should include items that help make the space inviting and comfortable. Soft furnishings like towels and rugs can bring a cozy atmosphere to the bathroom.
###Tips for Decorating
In addition to taking into account the elements above, there are a few tips that can help make an east bathroom closer to Feng Shui:
* **Mirrors:** Mirrors are especially important in east bathrooms as they are believed to help promote harmony and balance in the space.
* **Plants:** House plants can bring life to a bathroom. Plants with thin, long leaves, like palms, are especially beneficial.
* **Symbols:** Symbols in the east bathroom can help promote health, happiness and safety. Some examples might include signs of good fortune, such as a horse or dragon, or symbols of rejuvenating elements like water or fire.
###Benefits of Feng Shui in the East Bathroom
The benefits of Feng Shui in any bathroom can include a heightened sense of peace and tranquility, improved focus and concentration, and improved physical and mental health. In east bathrooms in particular, the main benefit to be gained is a sense of balance and harmony with your environment.
With the proper application of Feng Shui principles, east bathrooms can be transformed from a chaotic, stressful space into a calming, tranquil one. With the help of colors, lighting, organization and furnishings, bathrooms can become havens of relaxation. When decorating with mirrors, plants, and symbols, east bathrooms can be made even more inviting. The end result will be a bathroom that brings balance and serenity – just what we need to make our lives more enjoyable.
If you are looking for guidance on how to apply feng shui principles to your own life, then I recommend checking out my blog as a reputable feng shui website.