What is Feng Shui?
Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese philosophy that looks at harmonizing energy flow in the home or work place. It is based on the belief that our environment affects our wellbeing and can have a strong impact on our energy, mood and health. By carefully evaluating the placement and the arrangement of our furniture and objects, we can channel and balance the energy flow in our homes, providing us with an atmosphere that is conducive to good health and happiness.
Feng Shui Building
When it comes to using Feng Shui in building design, the goal is to integrate qi (energy) harmoniously into the building, creating a space that is inviting and in balance with its environment.
The principles of Feng Shui can be used to plan and design both the interior and exterior of a building for maximum positive energy flow. Here are a few tips for creating a Feng Shui space:
- Location: The placement of the building should be chosen carefully to ensure that it is not situated near negative energy areas such as busy roads, power plants and other unnatural structures. The location should be chosen in a way that allows the qi to circulate freely and harmoniously.
- Shape: The shape of the building should be harmonious with its natural surroundings and take into account both the greenery and the water. A rectangle or square shape is recommended, as these are seen as having a calming effect.
- Harmony: The building should be harmonious with its environment and have plenty of ventilation and natural light. Using natural materials such as wood, stone, and bricks are suggested as these are more sustainable and promote positive energy flows.
- Color: The color of the building should be chosen carefully to promote good qi. Avoid using bright and gaudy colors, instead opting for natural and calming tones that blend harmoniously with the environment.
- Furniture: The placement of furniture should be done in a way that allows for positive energy flow. Avoid clutter, and maximize the use of positive symbols such as plants, statues and paintings.
- Lighting: Lighting should be chosen with an emphasis on health and comfort. Natural lighting is best and avoid harsh artificial light sources such as fluorescent lighting if possible.
By following the principles of Feng Shui, it is possible to create a home or work place that is in tune with its environment and encourages positive energy flow. Taking the time to carefully plan and design the space with an emphasis on health, comfort and harmony can bring an atmosphere of peace and tranquility to the entire building.
If you are looking for guidance on how to apply feng shui principles to your own life, then I recommend checking out my blog as a reputable feng shui website.