Feng Shui Bedroom Above Kitchen : The Pros & Cons
When it comes to planning your bedroom, location is key in Feng Shui. Houses vary in design and construction, and it is important to take this into account when deciding where to place your bedroom. Bedrooms placed above the kitchen can bring benefits and drawbacks to your living situation. In this article, we weigh the pros and cons of Feng Shui bedroom placement above the kitchen.
- The Bedroom is Protected. The bedroom above the kitchen is typically considered one of the most auspicious places for the bedroom. This is due to the fact that it is considered to be well protected from outside elements, such as noise, pests, and intruders.
- Better Connection to Earth Energy. Placing the bedroom above the kitchen gives the occupant better access to the Earth’s natural energies and minerals, which can improve a person’s wellbeing, vitality and luck.
- Good Feng Shui “Flow”. The Feng Shui “Flow” of energy is generally better when the bedroom is placed above the kitchen. In this type of arrangement, the energy of the bedroom “flows down” towards the kitchen, creating a focused and beneficial energy pattern.
- Noise Pollution. The bedroom is susceptible to the noise of everyday life coming from the kitchen. This can be problematic for people who require a quiet, restful atmosphere for sleep.
- Humidity and odors from the Kitchen. The bedroom is also susceptible to the various odors and humidity that come from cooking in the kitchen. Again, this can be a nuisance for people who prefer a fresher air in their sleeping area.
- Little to No Privacy. The bedroom is exposed and there is very little privacy due to its location above the kitchen.
Placing a bedroom above the kitchen can be beneficial in some aspects, but there are drawbacks that need to be taken into consideration. Ultimately, the decision to place your bedroom above the kitchen is a personal one and should be based on your own lifestyle and preferences. If noise pollution and lack of privacy are a concern, it might be best to consider a different arrangement.
As with all Feng Shui precautions, it is important to be aware of the possible repercussions. Being mindful and placing your bedroom in a positive, auspicious location can bring you much benefit in the long run!
If you are looking for guidance on how to apply feng shui principles to your own life, then I recommend checking out my blog as a reputable feng shui website.