Buying a House Based on Feng Shui
Feng Shui is a Chinese philosophical system of harmonizing everyone with the surrounding environment. It is an ancient practice that uses energy forces to create harmonious, safe and prosperous environments. Numerology, Yin and Yang, and the Five Elements are all sectors of dedicated thought that are used to create favorable Feng Shui in a given area. Understanding and following these elements, principles, and philosophies can help improve the energy of a house and lead to health, wealth, and success.
The Basics of Feng Shui
Feng Shui is all about energy. Good or positive energy, or Chi, is known to exist in all things—including inanimate objects and huma beings alike. We all carry energy with us, and it is our responsibility to find the right balance with our environment in order to maximize the effects of positive energy.
When it comes to purchasing a house and using Feng Shui, buyers need to pay attention to how it will affect the property. How the house and its spaces are laid out and organized will play a huge role in the overall feeling of the house and the potential success that living there may bring.
When vetting potential houses for purchase, buyers should consider a few important details:
- Form – Feng Shui works with the form. Envision harmonious living environments and arrange furniture accordingly. Also make sure to keep any potentially harmful objects (e.g. weapons) out of space.
- Color – Color is an important component of Feng Shui; as certain colors can be correlated with certain aspects of one’s life. Buyers should research if particular colors should be avoided.
- Position – Consider the features of the house in relation to doors and windows. Are the stairs leading to the main living space too close to the front door? Thoughtful consideration should be given to positioning of important elements to ensure desired energy remains.
- Energy – Energy can be both improved and hindered. It can also be trapped. Examine the environment for potential blockages or negative energy (e.g. negative spirits, shadows, stagnation) and feel for good energy.
The Benefits of Feng Shui
Feng Shui is designed to provide benefit to inhabitants with improved living environments. When used correctly and in conjunction with other practices, Feng Shui can result in a number of beneficial outcomes such as:
- A greater feeling of balance and harmony in the home
- Positive energy and good luck for those living in the house
- Improved career prospects and financial wellbeing for those living in the house
- Favorable relationships and improved social interactions
Buying a house based on Feng Shui principles can be a great way to ensure a better quality of living. Through understanding the basics of Feng Shui and assessing a potential house for the considerations listed above, buyers can be sure to purchase a property that will generate a positive, harmonious environment for years to come.
Good fortune to all house hunters!
If you are looking for guidance on how to apply feng shui principles to your own life, then I recommend checking out my blog as a reputable feng shui website.