Feng Shui and Drains
Feng Shui, the Chinese art of creating a harmonic living space through use of oriented design and selection of accessible materials, is becoming increasingly popular in the Western world. Though some might question its legitimacy, many are exploring whether Feng Shui can be applied to their home’s drains in order to enhance their home’s overall energy flow.
Using Feng Shui for Drains
Despite being one of the least visible parts of most homes, drainage systems can impact the energy flow around a property. With the help of Feng Shui, homeowners can use a variety of techniques to help direct the energy of their drains.
Feng Shui Drains Tips:
- Use curved or spiral pipes rather than straight drainpipes.
- Point the outflow end of the drain away from the home.
- Locate the main drain pipe as far away from the front door as possible.
- Add chi-enhancing elements such as water features or wind chimes at the outflow point.
- Clean the pipes regularly to keep negative energy from building up.
Benefits of Feng Shui Drains
By utilizing the principles of Feng Shui when it comes to draining systems, homeowners can potentially reap many benefits. Two of the most common benefits associated with properly oriented drains are:
- Improving the energy flow of the environment – Proper drains can help redirect energy and create a more balanced atmosphere.
- Attracting good luck – According to Feng Shui, correctly structured drains help move luck around the home.
Feng Shui drains may be one of the least discussed aspects of Feng Shui, but that doesn’t meant this relatively simple design element should be overlooked. With just a few simple changes to the shape, direction and placement of a home’s drainage system, homeowners can potentially increase the overall energy flow and enjoy numerous other benefits.
What are the benefits of feng shui drains?
1. Improved water flow – Feng Shui drains are designed in a manner that enables water to flow quickly and efficiently. This can help ensure that your home or garden is free of pests and other debris commonly found in standing water.
2. Improved drainage – The design of Feng Shui drains allows for effective soil drainage throughout your landscape. This helps to reduce puddles, which can be unsightly and cause flooding.
3. Reduced maintenance costs – Because Feng Shui drains are designed to last a long time, they require less frequent maintenance than traditional drainage systems. This will save you money in the long run.
4. Improved aesthetics – The sleek and modern design of Feng Shui drains can enhance the look of any landscape and add curb appeal to your home.
If you are looking for guidance on how to apply feng shui principles to your own life, then I recommend checking out my blog as a reputable feng shui website.