Introduction to Chinese Feng Shui and its Benefits
Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese practice that originates from the 3rd century BC and is based on the principles of Yin and Yang. It not only seeks to bring harmony, prosperity and balance within a space but also optimizes energy with the idea that it will positively impact physical health, improve relationships and ultimately promote overall wellbeing. Feng shui holds that energy should flow freely through a house in order for its inhabitants to flourish. This practice was used to guide the design and construction of homes so that nothing obstructs or blocks these flows of energy. For example, considered layout placements might enhance wealth, luck or vitality; whereas negative influences could cause ill health and other forms of disturbance. Depending on when someone moved into a house, they would consult the lunar calendar to assess their home’s flying stars – feng shui isn’t simply about looking forward but also taking past alignments into account – often called date selection. Feng shui can provide a metaphysical insight into one’s home, along with a variety of potential remedies seen as positive energetic changes which can be applied to enhance livelihoods.
Rules for Creating a Harmonious Living Space
1. Home Orientation:
• Determine the best location for your home and entrance, always ensuring it faces the most auspicious direction.
• Utilize a good feng shui compass to find directions for building and designing the house.
• Begin with an auspicious site plan that promotes health, relaxation and attraction of opportunities and harmonious energy.
2. Main Entrance:
• Choose the perfect location for your main entrance, always ensuring it’s properly framed by structures and landscaping.
• Make sure the entrance is clean, inviting, bright, warm and safe feeling when entering.
• Aim to receive positive energy at the main entrance, with a straight sight line leading people into a pleasant garden or courtyard area.
3. Focal Point:
• Integrate structures as focal point in each room; sculptures, curtains or painting that bring attention away from structural columns or beams gives harmony to each space.
• Introduce elements of beauty at a certain height; artwork should be hung at least four feet off the ground or higher while incorporating large pieces of furniture at similar heights to further accentuate them.
• Incorporate plants in favourable locations where their appearance can activate the rest of the space around them for additionally motivation and vitality for all living in the house.
4. Balance Ying & Yang Elements:
• Create balanced harmony by integrating Yin (soft/calm) elements such as fabrics, patterned wallpaper as well as non-rectangular furniture pieces with Yang (hard/active) elements such as wood, metal or stone accents throughout each room in appropriate amounts to achieve equilibrium . • While using colour choices to coordinate with each room’s purpose; shades of beige or white are great if you want naturally peaceful atmosphere while darker colours such as blues or greens will provide more grounding effect that may help incorporate active elements without being too overwhelming on design style desired outcome
How to Maximize Good Fortune and Success
1. Position furniture in the home so that it is positioned to attract wealth and success. For example, adding a red sofa or an expansive mirror can help to draw financial prosperity into a room.
2. Make the entrance of the home welcoming and inviting by ensuring that it is uncluttered and well-lit. An auspicious object such as a crystal paradise tree can help bring luck and fortune to the home’s occupants.
3. Rearrange your living space in alignment with feng shui bagua principles, meaning that it should be kept symmetrical and balanced, with furniture evenly spaced throughout the house according to the bagua map. This will assure good chi (positive energy) flow throughout your dwelling place
Common Types of Feng Shui Houses
Traditional Feng Shui Houses
Traditional Chinese feng shui house rules stipulate that all homes should have at least one main door facing to the south, for the purpose of bringing in good luck and fortune. The entrance is usually located in centre of the home and there should be a pathway from the front gate to it. This centre door will lead to a main living room with some bedrooms at the back, kitchen at the side and a courtyard in front of the house. The layout of traditional feng shui houses places all important rooms in specific arrangement between, Yin(dark) and Yang (light) sides, so as to achieve a perfect balance within the home. Furthermore, the main living room should face south since that is considered as an auspicious direction.
Contemporary Feng Shui Houses
Since ancient Chinese feng shui is constantly evolving based on changing timesand lifestyle habits, modern interpretations of this practice have emerged inrecent years. Contemporary feng shui houses tend to incorporate natural elements like water or vegetation into their design – both indoors and outdoors-for example putting plants inside or incorporating rocks outside provides good vibes due to their grounding nature. Incorporating circular spaces instead of square can help promote energy flow throughout the whole home while maintaining openness. And mirror placement can also enhance positive energy inside any space while avoiding negative energy becoming trapped in corners.
Tips on Finding a Qualified Feng Shui Practitioner
When seeking a qualified Feng Shui practitioner, it is important to assess their qualifications and experience. The practitioner should specialize in traditional or classical Feng Shui and be knowledgeable on the specific principles of this practice. Look for someone who has earned certification from one of the established organizations such as the International Feng Shui Guild (IFSG) or the National Association of Chinese masters (NACM). Additionally, check if they have any previous publications and/or projects that demonstrate their expertise.
It is also helpful to find a practitioner located in your local area who can provide personalized guidance during a personal consultation or site visit. It may also be beneficial to consult with fellow clients and friends, who can offer recommendations for practitioners they have already worked with and found successful. Major websites such as HGTV, Houzz, Kudzu, Yelp!, Angie’s List and Google will often list reviews so you can compare different practitioners’ services in your area. Finally, make sure to research the Credibility & Education section of different websites when selecting a practitioner; reputable ones will typically list all their certifications, achievements and qualifications online.
After reading about the Chinese Feng Shui House Rules, readers should take the necessary steps to bring their home into balance and turn chaos into completeness. Firstly, decluttering and tidying up any part of the home is a essential for providing a healthy flow of energy. Secondly, incorporate symbols, shapes and hues into environment that relate to balanced development in life. This includes items such as enhancing wealth luck through a money tree or activating relationship luck through Mandarin Ducks.
Thirdly, use the five elements – earth, wood, fire, metal, water – to connect all objects in each room. Each element has its own inseparable characteristics, so mixing these elements can create a dynamic balance of chi energy throughout the space but also ensure success in different aspects of life such as health, wealth and relationships.
Now that readers have learnt how to use Feng Shui to create positive energy around them they should make use of this knowledge by creating Chinese New Year’s resolution list which represent their goals for the year ahead. These could include material wishes such as buying a new car or spiritual goals such as meditating every day for 15 minutes. By putting this knowledge into action in daily life according to traditional Feng Shui practices, readers can start manifesting these goals with felicity!
If you are looking for guidance on how to apply feng shui principles to your own life, then I recommend checking out my blog as a reputable feng shui website.