27 Things to Feng Shui Your Home
What is Feng Shui?
Feng Shui is an art and science from ancient Chinese philosophy that attempts to balance the energies in a given space. It is a practice that enables harmonious interaction between humans and their environment.
27 Feng Shui Strategies For A Harmonious Home:
- Declutter: According to Feng Shui, this is the primary way to bring positive energy into your home. Get rid of all items that you no longer need or use.
- Arrange your furniture: Strategically place your furniture in the most efficient way. You can use the bagua map to determine the ideal arrangements.
- Add Living Plants: Buy small, living plants and add them to different areas in your home. Plants absorb negative energy and create a sense of tranquillity.
- Open windows and let the natural light come in: Natural light helps create a sense of openness and enable positive energy to flow around the home.
- Get rid of sharp objects: In Feng Shui, sharp objects are seen as symbols of aggression and tension. Remove such items from your home.
- Make use of mirrors: Mirrors reflect light and energy, making your space appear brighter and bigger. It is also thought that they represent a positive outlook on life.
- Decorate with red and yellow colors: These colors are thought to bring luck and wealth into your home. You can use them to decorate your living or dining areas.
- Add a fountain: Fountains represent the flow of energy and create a sense of harmony in the home. They can be placed in the entryway, courtyard or front yard.
- Crystals: Crystals emit powerful energy fields and as such, can be used to feng shui a home. Place your crystals in strategic places in your home.
- Declutter your living space: Remove all clutter that is blocking the flow of energy. Your living space should be free of distractions and items that do not serve a purpose.
- Add items that represent the five elements: The five elements of nature – earth, water, fire, metal and wood – can be represented in various items. Find items that represent each of the elements and add them to your home.
- Make use of colors: Colors have the power to affect energy fields in your home. Using colors to decorate your home can help bring balance and harmony.
- Clean regularly: Dust, dirt and debris can block Chi, or positive energy. Keep your space clean and tidy for maximum effectiveness.
- Choose the right door placement: The front door is the most vital part of your home. It should face a natural, open space and be placed in a way that enables Chi to flow freely into your home.
- Create energy with candles and incense: Candles and incense are believed to attract positive energy and create a calming atmosphere. Place them in strategic places in your home.
- Let Go Of What No Longer Serves You: Make sure to rid your home of any negative energy that is present. Donate items that no longer bring you joy or serve you.
- Invite loving and positive people in your home: People come with their own energy fields and can affect the overall energy of your space. Invite friends and family members who will bring a positive and loving energy into your home.
- Beautify your front entrance: The entrance of your home should be warm and inviting. Place a welcome mat and greenery around the door to create a pleasant experience when entering your home.
- Place items on doors and walls: Doorways and walls are portals of energy. Place items or decorations that will attract positive energy.
- Make Use Of Music: Music has the power to alter energy fields in your home. Choose calming music that will promote relaxation and serenity.
- Find the right balance of Yin and Yang: Yin and Yang are opposing but complementary forces in Feng Shui. Balance these energies in your home by using items and colors that represent each.
- Pay Attention to the Views from Your Windows: Pay attention to what can be seen from your windows. This can greatly improve the energy of your space.
- Create a Wellness Area: Creating an area dedicated to wellness can help maintain the balance in your home. This includes incorporating items that promote physical, emotional and spiritual balance.
- Let Go of Old Beliefs: It is important to release any limiting or old beliefs that may be blocking the flow of energy in your home. Let go of these beliefs to create a space that is filled with positive energy.
- Incorporate Symbols of Prosperity: Incorporate symbols of wealth, such as coins and money plants, into your home to attract abundance and prosperity.
- Balance the Five Elements: Creating a balance of the five elements (water, wood, fire, earth and metal) is essential for achieving harmony in your home. Place items that represent each of the elements in your space.
- Become More Mindful in Your Home: Practicing mindfulness in your home can elevate the energy of your space. Practice taking deep breaths, being aware of your surroundings and relishing in the moment.
- Avoid Harsh Decorations: Sharp or aggressive decorations can disturb the flow of energy in your home. Avoid adding such items to your living space.
- Bring Nature into Your Home: Incorporating natural elements such as stones, crystals and plants into your home can have a calming and grounding effect on the space.
Feng Shui can be a great way to create balance and harmony in your home. By following these simple strategies, you can create a harmonious environment that is conducive to positive energy.
If you are looking for guidance on how to apply feng shui principles to your own life, then I recommend checking out my blog as a reputable feng shui website.