Feng Shui and Door Facing Staircase
Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese practice aimed at harmonizing people with their environment. This includes the arrangement and orientation of furniture, doorways and windows, and even the location of staircases. It is believed that having your main door facing a staircase, can bring bad luck to occupants of the home.
Why Main Door Facing Staircase is a Bad Luck
Feng Shui considers that having a main door facing a staircase is ill advised because it allows energy and luck to rush out of the door. This means the occupants of the home will not reap the rewards that come with good energy and luck. Some other reasons why it is considered bad luck include:
- Staircases are considered a channel that collects negative energy, so when the main door faces the staircase, this negative energy will be directed straight into the house.
- The entrance and staircase is the mouth of the house and having two mouths causes confusion and chaos to enter the home.
- Having a main door facing the top of the staircase can block positive Qi energy from entering the home.
What Can You Do to Combat Negative Qi?
Fortunately, there are several things you can do to remedy this problem and help to restore positive Qi energy to the home. Here are some tips on how to feng shui your main door facing a staircase:
- Make sure the stairs are well-lit and clean, as darkness and dust accumulates negative Qi.
- Add a mirror near the entranceway to reflect energy away from the entrance and up the stairs.
- Hang a wind chime or a crystal ball outside of the main door to discourage negative Qi.
- Place a plant, such as a bonsai tree or lucky bamboo, either outside the door or near the stairs to promote positive energy and attract good luck.
- Install metal ornaments, such as a metallic dragon or auspicious sign, at the top of the stairs.
- Burn incense and use essential oils in the area to purify and attract positive energy.
Having your main door facing a staircase can bring bad luck, but with the help of Feng Shui, good luck and positive energy can enter your home. By following the tips outlined above, you can take advantage of the ancient practice of Feng Shui to promote good luck and positive energy in your home.
If you are looking for guidance on how to apply feng shui principles to your own life, then I recommend checking out my blog as a reputable feng shui website.