Death in House Feng Shui
Feng Shui, literally translated as ‘wind-water,’ is a Chinese philosophical practice that is based on the belief that the environment can have a powerful impact on an individual’s health, luck and overall wellbeing. The practice of Feng Shui places a heavy emphasis on the arrangement of the physical environment, such as the furniture and the placement of items within the home, to create a peaceful and balanced energy flow.
However, death is also an important consideration in Feng Shui. Negative energies associated with death can have a detrimental effect on the individual’s wellbeing and luck. As such, certain protocols must be followed to ensure that death does not bring negative energies into the home.
Avoiding Negative Energies Associated With Death
In order to ensure that the energies associated with death do not invade the home, one must adhere to the following guidelines:
- No photos of the deceased – Photos of the deceased should be kept away from the living quarters as they can emit negative energies.
- No black funeral candles – Black funeral candles give out a heavy energy, which can bring misfortune to the home.
- No flowers – Flowers are traditionally used to commemorate the deceased. However, such offerings can upset the balance of energies within the home.
- No death symbols – Items commonly associated with death, such as skulls and figurines, should be kept away from the living quarters.
- No dark colours – Dark and gloomy colours can attract negative energies into the home.
Using Feng Shui to Help With Grief
In addition to avoiding the negative energies associated with death, Feng Shui can also be used to help one cope with grief. By following the principles outlined above, one can create a positive energy flow in the home.
Furthermore, Feng Shui can also help to create a feeling of comfort, contentment, and peace in the home. One can use plants and bright colours, such as yellow and pink, to bring in positive energies and uplift the mood.
Death is something that we all must face at some point in our lives. As such, it is important to ensure that the physical environment reflects the positive energies associated with life and peace. By adhering to the principles of Feng Shui and avoiding energies associated with death, one can create an environment that is conducive to healing and moving forward.
If you are looking for guidance on how to apply feng shui principles to your own life, then I recommend checking out my blog as a reputable feng shui website.