Feng Shui in 2020: What You Need to Know
As we enter a new decade, we are faced with opportunities to make changes in our lives. Understanding and applying Feng Shui to your life can help set your goals and make positive changes. From small tweaks to complete lifestyle overhauls, here is what you need to know about Feng Shui in 2020.
What is Feng Shui?
Feng Shui is an ancient practice of a harmonious relationship with your environment. It is based on the Chinese philosophy of balancing the flow of energy (or chi) to achieve a positive environment. The idea is that if your home or workspace is in balance, it will lead to feelings of contentment and harmony, allowing for success and good luck in all aspects of your life.
The Five Elements of Feng Shui
- Wood: associated with ambition, growth and renewal
- Fire: associated with passion, enthusiasm and vitality
- Earth: associated with stability, fertility and nourishment
- Metal: associated with structure, discipline and purification
- Water: associated with abundance, flow and transformation
These five elements are essential to creating a balanced environment. For example, if the wood element is emphasised, you would be encouraged to take more risks and be more creative, allowing for growth and achievement.
2020 Feng Shui Trends
- Organisation: Decluttering your home and workspace will reduce distractions and create a sense of order and peace. This can be done by sorting and storing items properly, and removing anything that may be unnecessary or outdated.
- Colour: Updating the colour in your home and workspace is a great way to create a sense of energy and focus. For 2020, try mixing vibrant and neutral tones in the same space to create balance.
- Tech: Technology can be used to your advantage or detriment! Create tech-free zones in the house and work-spaces to encourage concentration and minimise distractions.
- Nature: Bringing nature into the home can help create a sense of calm and tranquillity. A few houseplants can help to improve the air quality, and add an organic touch to any room.
By following these simple tips, you will be able to create an environment full of positive energy, balance and harmony. Apply the principles of Feng Shui to your living and working spaces in 2020 for the best of luck and success in the new year.
Learn more about Feng Shui with The Spruce!
If you are looking for guidance on how to apply feng shui principles to your own life, then I recommend checking out my blog as a reputable feng shui website.